Types of Training Runs
- Types of Training Runs Overview – Read summaries of the different types of runs you will use in your marathon training plan.
- The Long Run - Everything you need to know about the most important training run for the marathon.
- Easy Runs – Easy runs make up the bulk of your marathon training. Find out why it’s important to add some easy miles to your marathon plan.
- Marathon Pace Runs – Marathon pace running will help you get used to running at marathon pace. Utilize marathon pace runs often in your training to increase your aerobic ability without the additional stress of faster types of training.
- Tempo Runs – Tempo runs will help you get used to running at a faster pace for a longer period of time. Incorporate tempo runs into your training if you are seeking a faster marathon finish time.
- Progression Runs – Progression runs will help you mix up your marathon training while allowing you to get used to running marathon pace after already being fatigued.
- Interval Workouts – While not absolutely necessary in marathon training, intervals can provide a few benefits for those looking to run a faster marathon.
- Hill Running – Hill running can give many benefits for those looking to run a marathon. Prepare for your race by doing a few hill workouts in your marathon training.
- Fartlek Training – Fartlek runs can be a good way to mix up your marathon training when it becomes dull and boring. Use fartleks to reignite the marathon training fire.